Friday, September 2, 2011

Vegan or Vegetarian?

As you all know, I work with clients daily to help them lose weight and improve their health.

Lately,  I've worked with a few strict vegetarians and it has inspired me to give it a try!  I am attempting a completely plant-based diet, nothing radical or political, just trying something new.  I will eat the occasional low-fat or no-fat cheese.

Depending on who you talk to or read about, there seems to be the idea that perhaps even genetically triggered cholesterol problems may be helped by a plant-based diet.

I will let you in on a dirty little secret...(that got your attention, huh)?  I have been a health coach for 3 1/2 years and yet my cholesterol is still very high.  So, I will be the guinea-pig for the rest of us. 

I will try the vegetarian diet, mostly vegan and at the end of September, I will have my cholesterol checked and let you know how this little experiment goes!!

The Medifast/Take Shape for life program that I use with my clients has a vegetarian option, so I will be getting a lot of my ideas from there.

All aboard and let's see how this train rides!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment