Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's the little things!

Today I go in for a simple dental appoitment to get my teeth cleaned.  Did you know there is an extra piece of the guard they can put on you during the x-ray process that covers your Thyroid Gland in your neck?

Don't you think something like that would be standard procedure?  Are there people out there that WANT their Thyroid Gland to be exposed to radiation unnecessarily?

I asked about it and the technician gladly went and found one and used it.  I had read about this in a health magazine and suddenly remembered it today.  It got me to thinking about how many x-rays I've had in the past and no one bothered to tell me about it.

This shows me that we have to be on the alert, educate ourselves and take care of the little things and maybe one day we won't have to face the BIG thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment